Entrepreneurs wake up every morning, dash to their computers and pound out a blog post, right? It's what you love to do as you're sipping your morning cup of coffee, am I right? Are you looking forward to jumping into your social media updates, writing a blog post or two, putting together a proposal or even composing business correspondence. Raise your hand if you love it. Hhhmm I am not seeing too many hands. Do you find writing to be a chore? Just not something that you enjoy because you don't know what to write about, you stress about grammar and punctuation or is it simply the blank screen that makes you freeze?
Regardless of the reason, there are many of you out there who simply don't embrace the task of writing. Thankfully there are tools out there to help you with your writing tasks and there are writers that will work with you to compose daily correspondence, blog posts and even perform your social media for you.
- Set up Google alerts for your particular industry. Whether you're in real estate, dog grooming or accounting, Google alerts will search the internet, gather information and send it right to your inbox. These alerts will give you ideas on what to write about.
- Pull information from questions your clients ask you. These questions are their pain points and if you can offer an overall answer to them, you've likely helped a lot of people who had the same question.
- If you host seminars or give presentations, you have a wealth of information from which to choose for your writing and social media updates.
- Get personal with your readers. No, you don't need to tell them what you had for breakfast, but you can share a bit about your road to becoming an entrepreneur -- let them get to know you.
- Use an editorial calendar for your writing. Time spent putting one of these together will save you time when you're in front of the computer.
There's no need to fear the blank screen as long as you remember, when you're writing you're sharing your expertise and that's what your readers come to your site and pages for.