Just when you get a handle on Facebook, it changes the next day, right? You update your page and your banner photo and the next thing you know, it’s changing again. Now with the recent implementation of Timeline, are you making the most of your time on this social media platform and is it working for your business the way you hoped it would? There are many steps you can take to enhance the time you spend on Facebook.
- Did you know that Facebook has its own ranking system? It’s called Edgerank and it measures the information that you will see in your newsfeed. The more relevant and the more frequently you post, the higher your Edgerank and the more loved you will be by Facebook and the more frequently you will appear in the newsfeeds of your followers.
- Are you cultivating active fans or are they lurking about? If you have 200 active fans you’re better off than if you have 2,000 lurkers. Many people may follow your newsfeed but never comment and they aren’t helping your rankings or making your newsfeeds show up in the active list.
- Do you use Facebook ads? You can set the amount you want to spend but it can’t hurt to try them and see how they will work for your business. A Facebook ad will help you promote your goods or services. Feature your posts and ads based on the demographics that you choose.
- Do you have a Facebook strategy? If you’re simply popping in with no “good” reason, your content won’t be seen. You need to keep your followers engaged and build conversation. Ask questions, solicit comments, build fans as well as followers!
- Follow the “rule of three” every day. Post three status updates, follow three new people and comment on three updates posted by your followers.
Making Facebook an integrated part of your overall marketing strategy will amp up your visibility, gain you more quality followers and above all, make you stand out from the crowd as an expert in your particular specialty. All of these steps will eventually lead to more sales, and that’s what it’s all about, right?